Three Ways Jesus is Better Than Superman:
Superman is better than all of the other comic book superheroes: Batman, Green Lantern, Spiderman, Captain America, Hulk and Iron Man. But Jesus is better than Superman.
- Superman has a weakness: Kryptonite. Jesus is all-powerful. Isaiah 40:28-29 says, “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.”
- Superman is a comic book hero – he’s not real. Jesus is a real life Saviour. He really was born as a baby in a manger, lived a sinless life, died on the Cross, and three days later was raised from the dead. He’s alive today!
- Superman helps people with physical problems and saves the world from bad guys – in the comic books. But let me tell you about Jesus. Jesus forgives sinners, heals the sick, and delivers people from addictions and bad habits. Jesus came “To preach good tidings to the poor… to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound… To comfort all who mourn… To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.” (Isaiah 61:1-3). He died on the Cross so that we could be saved, forgiven, adopted into the family of God now and forever. Praise the Lord!
Jesus – a Truly Super Hero:
Jesus Himself said, “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” (John 15:13). That’s what Jesus did for you and for me. “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.” Superman didn’t die for you, but Jesus did. Jesus is not a myth or a fictional character. He is real. And it’s His amazing grace and unconditional love that makes Jesus the world’s greatest hero! If you don’t know Jesus yet as your Lord and Saviour, if you will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ today, confess Him as Lord, believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Jesus is just a prayer away!
If you are a Christian already, I want to leave you with this challenge: “For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps.” (1 Pet. 2:21). A Christian is someone who follows the example of Jesus. WWJD – What Would Jesus Do? If someone hurts you or offends you, what would Jesus do? Forgive them. If you see someone who is struggling financially or going through a tough season, what would Jesus do? He would help them out. If someone is alone, rejected, an outcast, what would Jesus do? He would be their friend. Let’s follow Jesus, and we too can be super heroes!
- Jesus – the Original Superhero by Dr. Craig Detweiler.
- The Gospel According to the World’s Greatest Superhero by Stephen Skelton.