My Hope with Billy Graham National Outreach:
In November, our church is going to be partnering together with Billy Graham, together with churches from all across Canada and the US. Billy Graham is such an amazing man of God. He has been faithfully preaching the Gospel for over sixty years, and he turns 95 this year. My Hope is a simple, biblical plan to help you share God’s love with the people in your life. It combines the reach and excitement of a nationwide media event with the power of personal relationships.
The Five Steps: (from the Matthew Manual by Billy Graham Ministries)
- LOOK AROUND and identify friends, neighbors, co-workers, fellow students, and family who do not know Jesus Christ as their Savior. Write their names on your Matthew list.
- LOOK UP and pray every day for each person on your Matthew list. Ask God to open their hearts so they can see their need for Him. Pray that He will strengthen your relationship with them and that they will accept your invitation to watch the program.
- LOOK OUT for opportunities to build your relationships with these people. Spend time with them. Be transparent about your relationship with Christ, so that your friends can see the difference He is making in your life. God’s Spirit will help you.
- LOOK FORWARD to the event: Prepare for the outreach, invite every person on your list, watch the My Hope with Billy Graham programs together, share your story, and ask your guests if any of them would like the kind of hope that you have. Then you can help them receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- LOOK AFTER those who give their lives to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith.
God is calling us back to square one: rediscovering the mission of Jesus the Saviour, who came to seek and save the lost. This is our mission! Whether you personally get involved with Billy Graham’s My Hope project or not, I want to challenge you to get busy fulfilling the great commission.
Who do you know that doesn’t know Jesus yet? Friends, family or co-workers? Write down their names and begin to pray for their salvation. Believe for God to open their eyes to see their need for Jesus. Be intentional about building relationships with them. Then look for opportunities to share the Good News about Jesus with them. Amen!
To download a printable version of the booklet “Back to Square One” – click HERE.