Let us Pray:
“That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.” (Hebrews 4:14-16).
Why don’t Christians pray more often than they do? Prayer is one of the most wonderful blessings that our Heavenly Father has made available to us, and it is amazing that so few Christians avail themselves of this awesome privilege. The Bible encourages us to cling to Jesus and never stop trusting Him. Jesus understands us, because as a human being who walked this Earth, Jesus was tempted in all the ways that we are, yet He did not sin. Because of this, the Bible encourages us to come BOLDLY to the throne of grace, to find grace to help us in our time of need. Do you doubt that God will answer your prayers? Jesus said, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you…how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him.” (Matthew 7:7,11). Oh, child of God – do not doubt Him. Cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you. Today, I want to share a song with you to encourage you to pray…
LET US PRAY: (© 2002 Steven Curtis Chapman)
- I hear you say your heart is achin’, You’ve got trouble in the making
- And you ask if I’d be praying for you please
- And in keeping with convention, I say yes with good intentions
- To pray later making mention of your needs
- But since we have this moment here at heaven’s door,
- We should start knocking now so what are we waiting for
- Let us pray, let us pray, Every where and every way
- Every moment of the day, It is the right time
- For the father above, He is listening with love
- And he wants to answer us, So let us pray
- So if you feel the spirit movin’, Prompting, prodding and behooving
- There is no time to be losing let us pray
- Let the Father hear us saying, What we need to be conveying
- Even while this song is playing let us pray
- And just because we say the words amen, It doesn’t mean this conversation needs to end
- Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, As our prayers draw us near
- to the one who knows our need, Before we even call his name
You can check out the official youtube video of this song HERE.
What a blessed privilege that the King of Love has given us, a free invitation to come before His throne of grace with our needs, our troubles, and our problems. He has promised us that if we would ask, He would answer. The Bible says we have not, because we ask not. Today, if you’re going through a difficult situation, pray about it. Do you know someone else who is troubled? Pray for them. “Pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.” (James 5:16). Please know that I love you and am praying for you, and if you ever have any prayer requests, share them with me, and I will pray for them. Will you pray for me as well, that God will use me to bless His people? In Jesus’ name, amen.
Pastor Chris Jordan